Hire The Best Geography Tuition Teachers
Proven Track Records Of Helping Students Gain 10 to 30 Marks
The Tuition In Singapore Team
Tuition In Singapore
Cambridge University (Mathematical Sciences/Applied Mathematics, PhD)
Head of Math & The Sciences,
Tuition In Singapore
National University of Singapore,
(Master of Science in Biomedical Informatics)
Head of Languages & The Humanities, Tuition In Singapore
Nanyang Technological University-National Institute of Education
Ng Tian Yi
Director of Administration,
Tuition In Singapore
Singapore Management University,
Master of Business Administration
Hire The Best Geography Tuition Teachers To Improve Your Grades. Guaranteed.
Over 70% of our clients are repeats or referrals. Because we always deliver excellent results. Since 2010.
A Warm Welcome!
I’m Olivia Chan (PhD, King’s College, Cambridge University – Mathematical Sciences/Applied Mathematics).
I am the Academic Director of Tuition In Singapore, and the team leader of a group of former MOE teachers who serve as tuition consultants and coordinators.
Our 44,000+ professional tutors include graduates, MOE teachers, and undergraduate tuition teachers.
We have over 4,900 successful tutors for Geography tuition. They are familiar with the latest MOE syllabus and exam requirements/techniques.
Each Geography tuition teacher has home tutoring or teaching experience ranging from two to more than thirty years.
They have proven track records of helping their students’ grades improve by 10 to 30 marks.
About 20% of our tutors have PhDs or Master’s degrees in the subjects you would like to have tuition in.
Tuition In Singapore is the most admired Geography tuition agency in Singapore
Over 20 full-time coordinators (they are university graduates/former MOE teachers) help you find the ideal Geography tuition teacher
Affordable hourly tuition rates, free home tutor matching service
Five reasons why parents and students keep choosing us – Geography Tuition Singapore
Always excellent feedback and reviews by parents and students
Learn proven techniques that always help you score better at Geography
Compete against your classmates/cohort – and win
Difficult exam questions – why it’s happening
Why Geography can help you succeed
MOE’s list of requirements for you to score an A
Tuition In Singapore provides home tuition for these academic subjects and levels (includes polytechnic and university levels)
Our Geography tuition teachers help you to acquire proper study skills, so that you can do well in your exams. You (and your parents) can then have more time to explore your interests outside school work or have more time for leisure
Making the decision to hire a private Geography tuition teacher AND FINDING THE RIGHT ONE can make all the difference in helping you get your grades back on target
Find the best tutors, and get the best Geography tuition in Singapore with us. Once you fill up the form, our professional team of ex-MOE teachers will send to you the profiles of the most qualified Geography tuition teachers according to your hourly budget range. Within 12 hours.
Tuition In Singapore is the leading tuition agency in Singapore for parents, guardians and students looking for home/private tutors in Singapore. Our services are completely free, and we take pride in successfully matching our clients with the most appropriate and qualified tutors.
Each of our Geography tuition teachers has proven track records of helping their students’ grades improve by 10 to 30 marks.
We Provide Singapore's Most Superior Tutor Matching Service For Free
Reasonable And Affordable Tutoring Rates
Our Geography tuition teacher matching service is free, and students only need to pay for lessons that were conducted.
Geography tuition teachers in Singapore decide on their own hourly rates.
Their charges are typically determined by the number of years of private tutoring experience, the level of education, and the ability and confidence to improve students’ grades.
The Geography tuition market in Singapore is highly competitive and transparent.
Parents are aware that the better-qualified tutors are unlikely to apply for the Geography tutor assignment when their budget is below the industry average.
The prices listed here represent the typical range of fees charged by seasoned Geography tuition teachers with a solid track record.
Tuition In Singapore represents only university undergraduates, graduated tutors, MOE teachers, and university lecturers
Why Choose Us
Five Reasons Why Parents And Students Keep Choosing Us - Geography Tuition Singapore
One of the best things I learnt because of studying Geography is how to analyze data that is determined to be factual. Being able to analyze is not an issue, but being able to find information from official sources is really critical. Otherwise, the results from the analysis goes all over the place, and ends up wrong. Mr Sim is my Geography tuition teacher, and he always reminded me to check and check again.
It has been difficult for me to score well in Geography. I am getting A’s for my E-Math, A-Math and Physics. Somehow, the “logic” in Geography is different. I understand the content but applying it has been a problem. Mr Saraswathy is an ex-MOE teacher. He has been patient in (as he says) “rewiring” my logical thinking. It is easier for me to get the B’s and occasional A’s for Geog now.
Geog is not my favourite subject. I like the Sciences more. My sister and I found Ms Ong, and she has been our Geography tuition teacher for over a year. I like her lessons more than the lessons I have in school because she gives us many real-life analogies. Her spot tests are also helpful, because we sometimes forgot important points.
Steven was not doing well from the time he started learning Geography. We had already hired 2 other tutors for him from Tuition In Singapore, and he likes them. We found Mr Alistair, and he has been Steven’s Geography tuition teacher for almost a year. About a month after Geography tuition started, Steven became more interested and involved in studying Geography. I am glad we found a very good tuition agent.
I managed to get A’s very often for Geog when I was in secondary school. I thought since I had an A for my O Levels, I should take Geog at JC level. After getting my second B, I knew that I should start Geography tuition before it was too late. Ms Tiong had taught Geog at tuition centres for almost 10 years. She expects a lot from me because my foundation had always been strong. Ms Tiong knows how to stretch my abilities, and I scored my A for my A Levels.
Most of the content in Geog is not difficult. But I had difficulty studying it and applying the information during our school assessments. My mum got worried because my grades are usually A’s for the other subjects. I began Geography tuition about 2 months ago, and learnt where my mistakes and misconceptions were.
Learn Effective Study Techniques
Our Geography tuition teachers are familiar with the most recent MOE syllabus, exam requirements and marking schemes. Each Geography tuition session is customized to fit your learning preferences, homework objectives, and desired exam grades.
Optimum Tutor Matches
We will present Geography tuition teacher profiles to you only when they have a strong track record of helping their students’ grades improve by 10 to 30 marks.
Accurate Matches For Geography Tuition
The experienced full-time tuition coordinator who is in charge of your Geography tuition assignment holds a Bachelor’s degree majoring in Geography from one of the best local universities.
Tuition In Singapore is therefore able to meticulously look for the qualities that a competent Geography tutor must possess, in order for us to consider shortlisting him/her for your Geography tuition assignment.
You can perform better than your competitors after effective Geography tuition teachers guide you in the correct exam techniques and study skills
Compete Against Your Classmates/Cohort - And Win
We live in a hyper-competitive world. Even if you don’t want to proactively compete, others do.
And the truth remains that you are in competition against a large number of students from your school and from other schools for the same desired courses and spots at junior colleges, universities, or polytechnics.
Demand will always outpace supply for the top (or better) academic institutions, classes, and courses.
Students with average grades sometimes enroll in less prestigious junior colleges, polytechnics, universities, and courses.
Being in certain academic tracks often determines one’s career choices and opportunities, which in turn eventually affects the types of lifestyles we are able to lead.
Difficult Exam Questions - Why It's Happening
More and more students are able to correctly answer increasingly harder questions year after year.
You are likely to have come across questions that were much easier in the Ten Year Series than what students from other top schools are required to answer in their exams in recent months.
Because so many students are able to answer challenging questions, the creators of exams at schools/SEAB/MOE are forced to include increasingly more difficult questions in order to distinguish between the top and the average students in each cohort.
As a result, when it is your turn to take the exam, the questions will be substantially harder.
In a way, it’s a vicious circle. Parents want to hire qualified private tutors to better prepare their children to compete against their peers since everyone is concerned that the exam questions will be more complex when it is their turn to take the exam. The students work harder in class and during tuition, and succeed in getting good grades.
Because the students were so well-prepared and achieve good results for the exams, the exam papers and results are then scrutinized.
After the exam papers and results are analyzed, it is determined that the questions are too simple because the students were so well-prepared and, on the whole, received decent grades as a result of hiring competent home tutors.
This then makes it necessary that the questions for the following year be increasingly harder in order for the exams to be able to distinguish who should get A’s or B’s.
And this makes it much more important for parents to hire effective private tutors in order for their children to catch up sufficiently.
Parents will do all in their power (as loving parents) to give their children that competitive edge because the goal is to do better than the other person rather than just to obtain a specific grade.
Also, it’s not just about keeping up with other children with better grades, but also to make sure their kids don’t feel “stupid’’ or “left out’’ and end up really hating the subject just because others are so good at it.
For many students, the most effective confidence builders are good grades.
Get a private teacher who can focus on your child’s areas of weakness.
Encourage your child not to fall behind. It’s is crucial for their future.
You need to perform well on Geography if:
- You have a passion for Geography. Unfortunately, despite your best efforts, your grades have not really improved, and you struggle to effectively apply what you have learned to the questions
- Your child frequently complains about the challenging and complex Geography syllabus, and is beginning to (or already) not like Geography
- You want to pursue a career in Geography-related fields such as Engineering, Social Science, Education or Architecture.
- You require thorough test preparation because you are taking Geography at the upcoming O-Level or A-Level exams
Tuition In Singapore accepts only qualified, patient, and experienced Geography tutors with a track record of improving students’ grades.
We can find the best Geography tutor for you within 12 hours. Just let us know your requirements.
Geography Mastery Is A Valuable Asset
Knowledge itself is a very important asset.
Learning more about Geography will improve both your knowledge – and your grades.
Geography, As Taught In Singapore Schools
Regardless of whether you intend to take Geography at the tertiary level, the MOE has created your course syllabus (and exam questions) to make sure you have a strong foundation in Geography.
Career Opportunities Involving Geography
Career opportunities in Town Planning/Architecture, Education, Social Science and Engineering are attractive and very lucrative.
Scoring good grades in Geography is therefore useful to you, when you want to broaden your career options.
Score An A For Geography
You can succeed in Geography only if you have a firm grasp of the essential concepts that are the foundation of the exam formats and marking scheme requirements.
MOE EXAM MARKING SCHEMES / ASSESSMENT OBJECTIVES
Source: Singapore Ministry of Education website
For the most current and more comprehensive information, please refer to the MOE/SEAB websites
For O-Level Geography, the MOE states:
The syllabus aims to enable candidates to:
- acquire knowledge of the characteristics, distribution and processes of physical and human phenomena.
- develop a holistic understanding of physical-human relationships at local, regional and global scales.
- gain geographical insights and global awareness into future challenges through the study of current issues and their management.
- become inquiring and self-directed learners who ask geographical questions and seek understanding through the collection and analysis of geographical information.
- develop skills in communicating and applying geographical knowledge.
- make informed judgements and sound decisions through the analysis, synthesis and evaluation of geographical information.
Candidates should be able to:
- demonstrate relevant factual knowledge – geographical facts, concepts, processes, interactions and trends.
- demonstrate knowledge of relevant fieldwork techniques – identification of geographical question, sequence of fieldwork inquiry, primary and secondary data collection methods.
AO2: Critical Understanding and Constructing Explanation
- select, organise and apply concepts, terms and facts learnt.
- make judgements, recommendations and decisions.
- evaluate data collection methods and suggest improvements.
AO3: Interpreting and Evaluating Geographical Data
- comprehend and extract relevant information from geographical data (numerical, diagrammatic, pictorial.
and graphical forms)
- use and apply geographical knowledge and understanding to interpret geographical data.
– recognise patterns in geographical data and deduce relationships.
– compare and contrast different views.
– present geographical data in an appropriate form and in an effective manner.
– draw conclusions based on a reasoned consideration of evidence.
- evaluate the validity and limitations of fieldwork evidence and of the conclusions reached.
For A-Level Geography, the MOE states:
“The aims and learning outcomes below represent the body of geographical knowledge, skills and values that students will acquire through H2 Geography.
The syllabus requires students to develop an understanding of:
- the uniqueness of different types of natural environments and places.
- the interactions and interdependence between natural environments, societies and cultures at various scales.
- the evolution of landscapes and development of issues over time.
- the processes that shape natural environments, societies and cultures at various scales.
- the connections, trends and patterns in different parts of Asia and the rest of the world.
- a range of contemporary issues in different parts of Asia and the rest of the world through geographical perspectives.
- different approaches to solve real-world problems and achieve sustainable development; and
- the connections between different sub-fields of geography.
The syllabus seeks to equip students with the ability to:
- consider evidence and different viewpoints to develop logical arguments and explanations
- analyse, evaluate and reflect on information from a geographical perspective to make informed and sound decisions
- construct understanding through inquiry using different data collection and analysis methods; and
- use and evaluate maps, other data representation to integrate information and communicate to a specific audience.
The syllabus seeks to encourage students to:
- be inspired by the splendour of natural environments and human ingenuity.
- care for delicate ecosystems and understand the importance of environmentally sustainable lifestyles.
- develop as global citizens, seek harmony and respect others in a culturally diverse world.
- contribute responsibly towards the building of a robust and inclusive society; and
- have the integrity to uphold ethical principles and be resilient in their pursuit for a better world.
AO1 – Knowledge
Candidates should be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of:
- geographical terms, facts, concepts, issues, phenomena, trends; and
- geographical investigation skills and methods.
AO2 – Application and Analysis
Candidates should be able to:
- construct explanations to show how geographical knowledge is understood in particular contexts.
- apply geographical knowledge and understanding to interpret and analyse different types of geographical data; and
- apply relevant geographical knowledge, understanding, skills and methods to carry out investigations in unseen contexts.
AO3 – Evaluation
Candidates should be able to demonstrate critical thinking by:
- synthesising knowledge from different sub-fields in geography.
- drawing conclusions and making judgements based on a reasoned consideration of evidence and/or different viewpoints.
- making recommendations and decisions that consider different elements of an issue and/or address interests of different stakeholders; and
- evaluating different types of geographical data, methods of data collection and analysis.
Start Effective Private Tuition - Achieve 1 to 3 Grade Gains In:
Elementary Mathematics Tuition
Additional Mathematics Tuition
Principles of Accounting Tuition
General Paper Tuition
Social Studies Tuition
Tuition In Singapore has a select team of highly qualified tutors who specialize in tutoring Polytechnic-Level and University-Level students
Primary School Tuition
Secondary School Tuition
Junior College Tuition
Polytechnic Modules Tuition
University Modules Tuition
GCE O Level Tuition
GCE A Level Tuition
Get The Best Deals When Hiring A Geography Tuition Teacher
Three easy ways to ensure successful grade improvement:
Reduce Tutoring Requirements
The availability of tutors and their qualifications affect tuition costs.
The more requirements you have, the harder it is to find a tutor who will respond to your assignment.
The usual specifications include things like gender, a mix of subjects, a budget, a schedule, etc.
You should shortlist the requirements that are most crucial to you.
For instance, if you only want female tuition teachers, your options are cut in half.
It is also a good idea to hire two different tutors to teach two distinct subjects, even if they themselves scored As in both of the subjects you require tuition for.
This is because most tuition teachers are really skilled at teaching just one subject.
Major National Exams
Higher hourly fees are often quoted by tutors who specialize in or have extensive experience teaching students preparing for the high-stakes PSLE, GCE O Levels, and GCE A Levels.
This is because there has to be a lot of work put into exam preparation, material revision, and, if necessary, getting the student to unlearn study habits that have been resulting in poor grades in past years.
Good tutors typically avoid teaching graduating-year students after the March holidays since they will need to rush and intensely cram a lot of material within a short period of time in order to appropriately prepare the student.
Parents therefore prefer to choose a dependable Geography tutor at least a year before the important National Examinations.
We encourage our clients to be realistic with the tuition budget that they would like to work within.
The hourly tuition rates are neither regulated nor changed by Tuition In Singapore.
Tutors with proven track records that consistently deliver A grades, tuition teachers with many years of experience, and MOE teachers are already accepting assignments within a certain hourly rate.
These tutors are unlikely to accept prices lower their existing rates due to the constant high demand for their services and waiting lists.